Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

December 15, 2008

Know Justice

A few months back my wife told me about a scandal that knocked her small town on its collective ass back in the mid-80’s. A friend of hers’ father was killed, and then his wife was convicted of the crime. Since initially hearing the Cliffs Notes version of what happened, we have on occasion talked in greater detail about the “evidence” and interesting twists and turns that lead to the mother of 5 doing 50 years without the possibility of parole.

My wife’s old friend has been vigelente in her pursuit to see her mother freed, and waged an online war of sorts. She has her own blog, http://commutepatty.blogspot.com/ , and through her blog there’s a link to some of the requests for clemency and other appeals. http://www.patriciaprewitt.com/clemency/packet.pdf

Now, the fact that I’m so far removed from the case kind of makes reading about it feel like I’m reading another version of The Shawshank Redemption. But then I remember that my wife knew this alleged killer, as well as the victims. And anything resembling “entertainment” vanishes to only be replaced by some real shock and awe.

I won’t get too much into the case, as you can (and will want to) read for yourself. But I am going to hit some facts that seem to have jumped from the pages and bitch slapped me like Ike Turner. Being the analytical/anal SOB that I am, here it is in top 10 style: (of course, it’ll all make so much more sense after you read the second link I listed)

10. How do the police lose a nitrate test, one that just happen to prove she didn’t fire a gun? And what about blood spatter? I’m sure I’ve seen too many episodes of “Law & Order” and “CSI: Miami” but, wouldn’t a gun shot from such close range cover her in blood in a much different pattern than laying next to one who is shot?
9. The “magical” red boot
8. A poisoned guard dog soon after the murder, and after numerous reported prowlers which were investigated less than I proof read this post.
7. The sudden appearance of a second bullet wound a year later.
6. The jury was strongly influenced by the judge to render a verdict.
5. The overwhelming lack of anything that resembles evidence. Seriously, even if you think she did it, there’s more than enough room for “reasonable doubt.”
4. No motive. His life insurance policy had lapsed, there was no history of violence,
3. The obvious cover up.
We have allegations of drug dealing that seems to include local law enforcement. My wife has told me that the town had a drug problem at the time. I can only imagine that she’s been railroaded so hard because those higher up, know exactly how where the trail leads to. The fact that she’s still in is even more evidence of a cover up, one that would ruin (I assume) more than a few political careers.
There was testiomony from neighbors that the police just happen to forget about, testimony of a strange car sitting near by that night. This isn’t a city, it isn’t even a town the size of Stilwell, and strange cars get noticed.
2. No weapon ever recovered, when did she have time to get rid of the gun? I can’t get over the fact that we’re supposed to believe this hardworker, loving mother of 5, took the time to shoot her husband, slipped out of the house and hid the gun so well that some how, there were no tracks leading to it in the snow. Did she fly? Eat the weapon?
1. She didn’t do it, which is of major effin’ importance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.