Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

March 23, 2007

Hirphawks

It’s a good thing I’m not a believer in signs, or I might be a bit confused by KU right now. Let’s see, they are playing UCLA next. Truth is, before I went to KU that UCLA was my favorite college basketball team. A cousin I always looked up to went there, and at age 12 I went out to visit him was able to see the campus and Westwood. The Burger That Ate LA was on my best burger list for years after that. Then my freshman year, UCLA came to Lawrence as defending National Champions. KU trailed by 19 at the half, came back and won by 15. Till this day, the best game of any kind that I ever saw in person. For the game I purchased a PHUCK UCLA tee shirt for myself and my cousin, I still have the shirt. And I’ll be rocking it tomorrow afternoon. I kinda doubt he has his.

That same year I met the girl that became my first real serious relationship, where was she from? Santa Cruz, which happens to be right outside of San Jose. According to mapquest, Santa Cruz is 32 miles away from San Jose, and Kansas City is 40 miles away from Lawrence. How those two facts come into play, I haven’t a clue. If I believed in signs and all that, I might read something into it. Instead it just amuses me. Why do I notice these things if I don’t look for signs? Because I always look for patterns. I look for them in peoples behavior, in sports, in cards, in movies and music. Yeah, definitely look for patterns, definitely. And anyway, if these were actual signs, there’s no way to know what the hell they mean. KU will win, or they won’t. I’m pretty sure I have nothing to do with the outcome.

No comments: