Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

March 12, 2007

Raised the Bar..Now Clear It

Yesterday I watched KU-Texas II, couldn’t have had asked for a better game. Seriously, the fact that it was their second meeting in just over a week only made it better. The way the Hawks won, gives me a ton of confidence going into the NCAA tourney. I see no reason why we shouldn’t win the whole damn thing. Actually, looking at the brackets I do see one. And it’s Texas. I’ve told some friends for a while now that I thought the Longhorns were Final Four bound. It’s the exact type of team than can run the table. And KU fans know this. How? We lost to a similar team in Syracuse a few years ago.

Take one dominating player, with a very good point guard and the right role players, and you have the ingredients for a title run. I really don’t want to see them a third time, and that’s odd because I’ve loved both games. I just don’t see how we can beat them three times in a row. Seriously, I hope Durant stays just so we can keep watching him. Missouri and Kansas State like to pretend we’re rivals, and we have some memorable games with them. But Texas, with Durant, really puts us to the test. We won two great games, and we HAD to play great. The close games with KSU or MU are as much a byproduct of them stepping up cause beating us means so much, and Kansas not playing great. These games were much closer to being Duke-Carolina-esque.

Back to KU, I LOVE that Brandon Rush publicly said he wanted to guard Durant. He gives up a good 4” and did a fantastic job when he guarded him. We got clutch shots from no less than four players. And even though Durant dropped 37 on us, we actually did a great job against him. Which means he’s good. Really fucking good. Anything short of the Final Four is a huge disappointment, I expect a title now.

No comments: